iPhone User Guide
iPhone User Guide
Table of contents
Texture is compatible with devices running iOS 8.0 or later.
The www.texture.com storefront has been tested with Macs and PCs and is compatible with recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
The User Guide provides you a hands-on tour of top features in the Texture app.
· One consistent experience: All titles in your personalized library are read through one easy-to-use app, with a common navigation method and consistent user interface throughout, so you can focus on the content and not how to use the app.
· Favorites, Categories and Collections: The app features two new organizing features:
· Smart and automatic downloading: The app features two download features called Smart Download and Automatic Download so large files and long download times don't get in the way of reading what you want right away.
· Carousel: The beautiful carousel experience allows you to visualize all the content available in the magazine and rapidly navigate through it.
· Background download: Tap "···" or press and hold on the cover of any magazine issue, then choose "Download Issue" to save it, i.e. keep it locally stored on your iPad.
· Storage management: Manage how many magazines the Texture app can hold by tapping on "Storage" in the settings menu.
· Enhancements: Get all the great interactive features of your favorite magazines including video, audio, slideshows, tap-to-reveal active elements, in-article scrolling, quizzes, and embedded web content.
For the first time ever, Texture allows customers to read any magazine they want for one low monthly price. No more keeping track of multiple subscriptions with different prices.
· There are two unlimited access plans: Unlimited Basic and Unlimited Premium.
· The Unlimited Basic plan ($9.99 per month) contains all magazines in our catalog, except for titles delivered weekly. Unlimited Premium ($14.99 per month) provides access to every magazine in the Texture catalog including weekly titles (such as Entertainment Weekly, People, Sports Illustrated, The New Yorker, and TIME).
· There is a free trial offered with our unlimited access plans. After the free trial, you are billed monthly on your credit/debit card.
NOTE: Sign up online, and then download the app from the iTunes App Store. All account transactions take place in the browser.
1. Go to http://www.texture.com/ on your desktop, laptop or iPhone/iPod Touch browser.
2. Tap "Catalog" at the top of the screen to see all of the titles Texture offers.
3. After you have signed up for a subscription, you will be prompted to download the Texture app. If you have already downloaded the app, you can now close your Web browser and open the app.
1. When you open the app, tap on the "Sign In" button and log in with your Texture account. If you are not yet a Texture customer, go to http://www.texture.com to sign up.
2. A single personal library: Open the app and see your Favorites library. No more islands of apps for each title with different navigation and look and feel. Now you can browse, manage and read all your favorite magazines in one place.
3. After you have signed up for an unlimited plan, tap on the Categories icon( ) to browse titles in "All Titles" or in specific categories like "Entertainment".
When you choose a category such as "Business & Finance" or "Entertainment", the top portion of the screen will display the most popular stories for recent issues in that category, with the most recent stories listed first.
4. Tap on the empty star ( ) beside each title you would like to add to favorites. Use the alphabetical index on the right side of the screen to get to one of the many titles available quickly.
5. Your selections will now appear in your Favorites library.
6. As with most rich digital media, you need a good Wi-Fi connection to enjoy all the features of the Texture app. You get the best experience if the magazine has been downloaded prior to opening it. To download an issue, swipe left on the cover and tap "···" or press and hold on the cover of the issue, then choose "Download Issue". A subtle pink progress bar will appear below the cover to indicate if a magazine is stored locally on the tablet.
7. Delete magazines: To delete a downloaded issue, swipe left on the cover and tap "···" or press and hold on the cover of the issue, then choose "Delete Issue".
8. The Downloaded page makes it easy to manage magazines stored on your device that can also be read while offline. Tap the "Downloaded" menu icon at the top right of the screen to see the "In Progress" and "Downloaded" sections. Swipe left and tap "···"or press and hold on the cover of the issue, then choose "Delete Issue" to remove a downloaded issue.
Use the magnifying glass icon ( ) in the upper right corner to search across the entire Texture catalog for any topic that interests you. The Search icon appears in the "Library" and "Categories" screens. There are two sort options, "Best Match" and "Newest". You can also filter search results by magazine, if you do not wish to search our entire catalog.
1. Index and carousel view: When you open a magazine, you will first see the issue’s index for an easy overview of all content. In landscape mode, swipe from the left side of the screen to enter the unique and beautiful carousel. No more getting lost when navigating. The carousel gives you a new way to rapidly navigate through a magazine, while seeing keywords and more information about each page.
2. Portrait view reading: If you choose to read in portrait view, you will see a full page at a time. Easily swipe left or right, or scroll up and down to reveal more pages. Double-tap or pinch to zoom in to get a closer look.
3. Landscape view reading: Turn your iPhone/iPod Touch to landscape to take full advantage of the wider screen. Enjoy the gorgeous one page reading mode, allowing you to read without the need to zoom. Simply scroll down to reveal more of the page.
4. Enhancements: For the first time, you can enjoy magazines with enhanced content, including videos, slideshows, interactive info graphics and more, in one app on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Immerse yourself in the full experience, regardless of what device you are on. Tap on active elements throughout the magazine to jump to other pages inside the magazine, play videos, view slide shows and much more.
7. You can return to the library by pressing ( ) in the top left corner.
To collect, save, print or share pages:
1. Browse to the page you would like to act upon
2. Tap anywhere on the page that doesn't have interactive elements(such as video, photo galleries and some ads) to view the top and bottom navigation bars.3. Tap the Save ( )button in the top right corner of the screen. From there you can choose which Collection to save the pages in. Click on the "My Collections" tab in your Library view to browse these articles later.
4. Tap the Share ( ) button in the top right corner of the screen. From there you will have the option to Mail, Save Image or Print.
1. Cellular Settings: When opening a magazine on cellular connection for the first time, the app will confirm that you want to use cellular data to download the magazine. You can also tap on the Gear icon in the top right corner to reveal all Settings, then tap on Cellular Settings to allow or disallow use of cellular data to download magazines.
2. Storage Management: Tap on "Settings" in the top navigation bar, then tap "Storage". This feature lets you manage how many magazines you want the app to hold. You no longer have to worry about running out of space because of large magazine files. Set your limit once and forget about it. There are four different settings: Use less space, Standard use (recommended), Use more space, and Use maximum space.
3. You can also manually delete all issues under ‘Storage.’
4. Under Settings you can also manage "Notifications". Check and uncheck if you want an email sent each time a new issue of your selected magazines is available.
Thanks for taking the time to explore Texture. Now, with a single app and unlimited access plans, you can experience enhanced editions of the world's most popular magazines.
here to view the user guide for Texture's previous release.