iPhone® and iPod Touch® User Guide: iOS 5, iOS 6
Table of contents
Make sure your iPhone or iPod Touch is connected to the Internet (preferably Wi-Fi).
Texture is compatible with the following iPhones: 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5C and 5S. Texture is also compatible with the 3rd, 4th and 5th generations of iPod Touch.
Texture.com has been tested with Macs and PCs and is compatible with recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
The User Guide provides you a hands-on tour of top features in the Texture app.
· One consistent experience: All titles in your personalized library are read through one easy-to-use app, with a common navigation method and consistent user interface throughout, so you can focus on the content and not how to use the app.
· Carousel: The beautiful carousel experience allows you to visualize all the content available in the magazine and rapidly navigate through it.
· Background download: Tap on the lower-right corner of any magazine in the library to save it, i.e. keep it locally stored on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
· Storage management: Actively manage how many magazines the Texture app can hold by tapping on "Usage" in the settings menu.
· Enhancements: Get all the great interactive features of your favorite magazines including video, audio, slideshows, tap-to-reveal active elements, in-article scrolling, quizzes, and embedded web content.
For the first time ever, Texture allows customers to read any magazine they want for one low monthly price. No more keeping track of multiple subscriptions with different prices.
· There are two unlimited access plans: Unlimited Basic and Unlimited Premium.
· The Unlimited Basic plan ($9.99 per month) contains all magazines in our catalog, except for titles delivered weekly. Unlimited Premium ($14.99 per month) includes access to every magazine in the Texture catalog including weekly titles (such as Entertainment Weekly, People, Sports Illustrated, The New Yorker, and TIME).
· There is a free trial offered with our unlimited access plans. After the free trial, you are billed monthly on your credit/debit card.
NOTE: Sign up online, and then download the app from the iTunes App Store. All account transactions take place in the browser.
1. Go to http://www.texture.com/ on your desktop, laptop or iPhone/iPod Touch browser.
2. Click on any title to get additional details
3. Check out an issue preview and back issues.
4. Offers: At the top of the page you can click to watch a video about Texture. Then, choose one of the unlimited plans.
5. After you have signed up for an offer, you will be prompted to download the Texture app. If you have already downloaded the app, you can now close your Web browser and open the app.
1. When you open the app, tap on the "Sign In" button and log in with your Texture account. If you are not yet a Texture customer, go to http://www.texture.com to sign up.
2. A single personal library: Open the app and see your complete library. No more islands of apps for each title with different navigation and look and feel. Now you can browse, manage and read all your favorite magazines in one place.
3. If you have signed up for an unlimited plan, tap on the Add or Remove Magazines button to add more magazines to your personal library. If you have not signed up for an Unlimited Plan, there will not be a button; instead you will have to go to the Texture website to look for and buy more titles.
4. For Unlimited Plan users, when you tap on the Add or Remove Magazines button, you will be directed to the magazine selection page, which gives you an overview of all available magazines in Texture. Select as many as you'd like to add to your personal library as part of your unlimited plan and then tap "Done".
5. Your selections will now appear in your personal library.
6. Tap on any title in your library to see all available issues.
7. Download magazines: Tap on the Cloud icon to download a magazine to read later, perhaps when you’re offline. If you want to read immediately, simply tap on a cover. All magazine files have been optimized for iPhone and iPod Touch, making it a breeze to download enhancement-loaded magazines over cellular networks.
8. Delete magazines: In portrait view, swipe from right to left over a downloaded magazine to delete. From your Personal Library, you can also swipe over a title to Delete All issues from that title. In landscape view, long press on a magazine title or a specific issue cover to delete.
You can always download any of your magazines again.
1. Index and carousel view: When you open a magazine, you will first see the issue’s index for an easy overview of all content. In landscape mode, swipe from the left side of the screen to enter the unique and beautiful carousel. No more getting lost when navigating. The carousel gives you a new way to rapidly navigate through a magazine, while seeing keywords and more information about each page.
2. Portrait view reading: If you choose to read in portrait view, you will see a full page at a time. Easily swipe left or right, or scroll up and down to reveal more pages. Double-tap or pinch to zoom in to get a closer look.
3. Landscape view reading: Turn your iPhone/iPod Touch to landscape to take full advantage of the wider screen. Enjoy the gorgeous one page reading mode, allowing you to read without the need to zoom. Simply scroll down to reveal more of the page.
4. Enhancements: For the first time, you can enjoy magazines with enhanced content, including videos, slideshows, interactive infographics and more, in one app on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Immerse yourself in the full experience, regardless of what device you are on. Tap on active elements throughout the magazine to jump to other pages inside the magazine, play videos, view slide shows and much more.
5. You can return to the library by pressing in the top left corner.
To save, print or share pages:
1. Browse to the page you would like to act upon
2. Tap anywhere on the page that doesn't have interactive elements (such as video, photo galleries and some ads) to view the top and bottom navigation bars.
3. Click the Share () button in the top right corner of the screen. From there you will have the option to Mail, Save Image or Print.
1. Cellular Settings: When opening a magazine on cellular connection for the first time, the app will confirm that you want to use cellular data to download the magazine. You can also tap on the Gear icon in the top right corner to reveal all Settings, then tap on Cellular Settings to allow or disallow use of cellular data to download magazines.
2. Storage Management: Tap on "Settings" in the top navigation bar, then tap "Usage". This feature lets you manage how many magazines you want the app to hold. You no longer have to worry about running out of space because of large magazine files. Set your limit once and forget about it. There are four different settings: Use less space, Standard use (recommended), Use more space, and Use maximum space.
3. You can also manually delete all issues under ‘Usage.’
4. Under Settings you can also manage "Notifications". Check and uncheck if you want an email sent each time a new issue of your selected magazines is available.
Thanks for taking the time to explore Texture. Now, with a single app and unlimited access plans, you can experience enhanced editions of the world's most popular magazines.